Homes England has specified how it will use a five-year Strategic Plan to improve home affordability across the country.
The plan, which will be in effect until 2022-23, provides an overview of the national housing agency’s new mission and the steps it will take to deal with the ongoing housing challenges in England. The plan establishes delivery objectives like the following:
- Make private and public land available to build more homes where they are needed
- Make a wide range of investment products available to support infrastructure and housebuilding, including homes for rent and affordable houses in areas where the market is not acting
- Increase construction productivity
- Make the market more competitive and resilient by supporting new entrants and smaller builders, and advocating for higher quality and better design in homes
- Offer specialist support for priority areas, helping to put together and deliver more ambitious plans to build homes
- Providing an industry standard service to buyers by delivering products related to home ownership