..... ..... .....
..... ..... .....
...... ......

One-on-one interview: Steve Mansour, CRL

WhatHouse? speaks to the chief executive of a warranty provider to tell new homes buyers what they can have to cover them from defects to their property.

Our exclusive interview this week takes a look at how new homes are covered by a warranty to protect buyers from serious defects, by looking in detail at what they mean with CEO of warranty provider CRL, Steve Mansour.

Steve, please tell us a little about yourself and CRL.

I started my career in Toronto, Canada over 15 years ago, in the residential real estate market before relocating to the UK in 2003, where I continued to grow my business in the property, construction and finance fields. My experience is very heavily focused on sales and growth, and coupled with the industry experience directly related to Structural Insurance has proved to be interregnal in setting CRL apart in the market.

I am the CEO for CRL UK, and its wider group, and the ‘approved person’ with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). These positions afford me the scope to directly influence the direction CRL needs to move in to ensure we are continually innovating and driving not only our business forward, but the market as a whole.

CRL was established in 2011 and has grown into a leading specialist in 10-year and 12-year structural defects insurance policies. CRL source cover for the residential and commercial construction industry in the UK and Ireland. CRL prides itself on offering bespoke solutions for all properties with a fast turnaround and a level of customer service that is industry leading.


What exactly is a new homes warranty, what does/doesn't it cover and how does it work?

Structural Defects Insurance, also known as a home builder warranty, structural warranty, structural insurance or latent defects insurance, is a special kind of cover used for new homes. This applies if the property is brand new or if the property is less than 10-years-old. Housing associations tend to require 12-year policies, and CRL currently cater for all instances of cover required. Anyone engaged in a building project or managing a portfolio of new build properties that require mortgages, will require a structural insurance policy on the property [...].

Read the entire interview here.

Find out more about CRL


Stay Updated

Join our email list to receive useful tips, practical technical information and construction industry news by email. Relevant to everyone in the industry. Your details will be shared with no one else.