CRL and Capita Building Standards – working together to support housing associations and developers to revolutionise building standards
July 5, 2016 by CRL Management Ltd
CRL and Capita Building Standards are working together to support housing associations, contractors and developers to reduce latent defects in new build development projects.
On Thursday 30 June, the final day of the CIH Housing Conference in Manchester, CRL’s Head of Risk Management Carl Nelson shared a platform with Chris Jones, Director at Capita Building Standards, at an Ideas Exchange seminar.
Before an audience of housing association chiefs and their contractors the session Reducing Latent Defects in New Homes the seminar was streamed live to CRL’s client base who were unable to attend the conference. Follow the link to view CRL’s seminar or watch the video below:
The Ideas Exchange session examined how housing associations can benefit from a combined Building Control and Warranty Inspection service and how building control and warranties can work together for the benefit of the sector.
Together CRL and Capita Building Standards are working to revolutionise building control and streamline building regulations and structural warranty services for the public and private sector.
CRL is Capita Building Standard’s preferred warranty policy provider due to their vast experience in working with a wide range of clients including architects, builders, housing associations, developers, quantity surveyors.
At present the client has the choice of either selecting separate Building Control and Warranty Inspection or joint inspections.
Earlier this year Capita Building Standards agreed to share information with CRL through their client portal to provide a streamlined approach to building regulations and warranty services for their joint public and private sector clients.
The portal provides a ‘one-stop shop’ for building regulation and warranty services that revolutionises the building standards procedure. It provides all clients with access to building standards related services, offering complete transparency of the building regulations application and inspection process. This enables clients to monitor progress of their applications from submission through to the completion of their project.
Carl Nelson, CRL’s head of risk management said: “It was fantastic to be holding a seminar at the CIH Housing Conference that was targeted directly at the requirements of housing associations and their contractors.
“We are looking at developing long term relationships with housing associations who are undertaking new build development projects and their contractors and developers.
“CRL and Capita Building Standards understand the issues they are facing and we want you to be able to benefit from a combined building control and warranty inspection service.
“Clients will have a one stop shop and together we offer a single surveyor, online access to forms and quotations, one report, exceptional service with a dedicated customer relationship manager who will guide you through the whole inspection and warranty process.”
Chris Jones added: “When times and budgets are tight, it’s essential to access quick and concise advice and support wherever you are. Working with CRL we can add significant value to your business, your projects and your teams. Together we are working to revolutionise building standards.
“We are streamlining building regulations and structural warranty services for the public and private sectors.
“CRL’s product is available directly from the bespoke Capita client portal, and provides flexible warranty cover which is underwritten by their in-house team who are dedicated to providing great deals and the highest quality of service.
How CRL and Capita Building Standards work together
- National network of Building Control and structural defects insurance teams
- CRL’s structural defects insurance is available directly through the bespoke client portal
- Experienced to deliver for any size of project.
The benefits of the one stop shop portal
- Free of charge, simple to use and no downloads required
- Upload your drawings eliminating the requirement for sending multiple paper plans
- Saves money, time and reduces paperwork
- All parties can access required documents in one place
- Send and review all of your applications at any time (27/7)
- Simplified correspondence and faster resolution of queries
- Manage multiple projects in one online location
- Free of charge online support.
Overview of CRL’s structural defects insurance
CRL’s structural defects insurance gives clients undertaken new build projects complete peace of mind. The main areas of cover include:
- Full 10-year cover from practical completion for the main structural elements of the property, including:Foundations
- Load bearing retaining walls
- Roof covering
- Floor decking and screeds, where those fail to support normal loads
- Wet applied plaster
- Double or triple glazed panes to external windows and doors
- Underground drainage that the policy holder is responsible for maintaining.
- Full cover in years 3-10 of the waterproof envelope
- A dispute resolution service between you and the builder in the event of a claim
- Deposit protection available
- Protection against developer insolvency
- Contamination risk for buying off plan.
CRL prides itself in the exceptional level of service it is able to offer its clients and is focused on building long-term and meaningful relationships. Customer feedback highlights that customers are most satisfied with:
- The advisor’s understanding of the customer’s needs and specifications
- The advisor’s knowledge of the products
- The ease of making contact.
Capita Building Standards Limited is a national provider of Building Control Services, licensed as an Approved Inspector by the Construction Industry Council. Part of Capita Group, an international property and infrastructure specialist, they understand the importance of a reliable, competitive and customer focused building control service.
For more information contact CRL or Capita Building Standards. If you want to find out more about how we are revolutionising building standards please get in touch.