CRL provides nationwide cover with a network of Inspectors based throughout the UK, meaning that there is always an expert on hand to offer advice and guide you through the key stages of the development process.Over £5 billion of cover arranged to date.
Most UK mortgage lenders insist on structural defects insurance from a recognised provider before lending on any property under 10 years old.
Makes Selling Easier
A credible structural defects insurance policy is a valuable sales tool when selling a property, providing peace of mind to buyers and speeding up the sales process.
Repairing the average building defect can cost as much as £40,000, so it’s sensible to have comprehensive developer’s warranty that covers every eventuality.
Latent Defects Insurance provides cover for the cost of rectifying or repairing structural damage caused by a fault in the design, construction or materials of a new build, conversion or completed build project, that may not be apparent at the time of completion.
- FCA authorised and recognised by all major lenders and complies with the CML initiative
- Retrospective cover available
- A dispute resolution service between you and the builder in the event of a claim
- Waiver of subrogation for RIBA or CIAT registered Architects
- Cover as standard for additional costs, professional fees, removal of debris and alternative accommodation
- Transferable policy
- Contamination risk for buying off plan
- 10 year policy
Cost-effective building insurance quotes from a long-standing specialist
We don’t shy away from issuing a building warranty for difficult or complex property development projects
Inclusion on the CRL register means added credibility to any property development
- Load-bearing foundation systems and footings
- Load-bearing walls and partitions
- Load-bearing beams and girders
- Roof covering
- Waterproof envelope
- Contaminated land for brownfields sites
- Load-bearing floors and staircases
- Roof framing systems (Joists and trusses)
- Load-bearing lintels
- Chimneys and flues
- Repairing, replacing and rectifying water ingress