Terms and Conditions
CRL Management’s Venturous Builds
CRL Management Limited
CRL Management Limited, 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ
Prizes as below:
The Winner as decided by the judges and defined in Section 4 will receive:
- £1,000 of interior design vouchers at a major retailer
July 4th 2016 – September 16th2016
19th September 2016
21st September 2016
All Phases will commence at 12:00:01 GMT and close at 23:59:59 GMT
DISCLAIMER: When you submit an image to the Promoters as an entry, you grant the Promoter a limited license to use your image. You always own the copyright of your image. The Promoter never owns the copyright of your image.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The entry period for the Contest shall begin and end on the dates and times set forth above. The Contest is governed by these official rules and is subject to English Law.
The Contest is open only to those who are:
- i) At least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required.
- ii) Currently planning, building or have built a residence or multiple residences within the last year
2. How to enter:
To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, visit the Contest Site (www.c-r-l.com/venturousbuilds ) and follow the entry instructions, which will require, among other things, that the entrant submits at least one photo of their project or plans.
The Photos and entry form are collectively, an Entry.
Submitted Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Only one (1) Entry per person/email address permitted.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant or the rights to a Photo or Essay, the Entry will be disqualified.
Each Entry must also comply with the following requirements:
- The Photos and text are original with you, are not copied from any other work, and do not infringe upon the rights of any third party;
- Except as set forth on the Contest Site, the Entry must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service (with the exception of CRL);
- The Entrant will not digitally enhance or alter their photographs (beyond the basics needed to achieve realistic colour balance and sharpness). Once a Photo is received it cannot be modified or edited but Photos can be substituted until the submission deadline;
- The Photos can only depict the entrant’s project and no entries may be submitted on behalf of someone else;
- Due to technical limitations the uploaded Photos cannot be larger than 20 MB uncompressed;
- Photos cannot be enhanced, altered, or edited in any form through digital software;
- Any Entry that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libellous, or any Entry that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in the Promoter or Sponsor's sole and unfettered discretion;
- All details submitted on the application must be correct as of time of entering
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 23:59:59 GMT ON THE LAST DAY OF THE ENTRY PERIOD.
Limit one (1) Entry per person throughout the Entry Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorised account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Upon receipt, all submissions shall be eligible to be licensed to Sponsor and shall not be licensed elsewhere as set forth below and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Entrants License to Use Entries:
By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents:
- (i) that the Entry complies with the requirements in these official rules
- (ii) that use by Sponsor of the Entry as licensed by entrant or assigned by the winners herein will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever.
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant:
- (a) retains ownership of the Entry submitted;
- (b) grants to the Sponsor, and any organisations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfilment, administration, advertisement or promotion of the Contest the perpetual, fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitise, modify, edit, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the Entry, in whole or in part, in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and Contest, or any other reason, all without further consent from or payment to entrant or any other person or entity;
- (c) waives all moral rights in and to their Entry in favour of the Sponsor; and
- (d) agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or disqualify any Entry for any reason.
Entries may be published and posted online but entrants agree that Sponsor has no obligation to post or publish Entries and that all such postings or publication, if any, will be in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and that the posting or publication of an Entry has no bearing on whether the Entry is a potential winner.
In the event of any dispute or potential dispute regarding the Entry or entrant, Identifiable Person or any third party or if Sponsor has reasonable grounds for suspecting any breach or abuse of these Official Rules by any person involved in an Entry, the Entry may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor may ask for evidence of written permissions required by these Official Rules.
4. Selection of Winner(s):
Round One: All submitted Entries would be reviewed for compliance with the rules as stated herein. Then all Entries will initially be judged by a panel of judges from the CRL Management team ("Judges") based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria").;
- (1) Appropriateness to the identity of the brand;
- (2) Entrant’s suitability for trade and advertising purposes;
- (3) Originality of entry form
Winner Notification: On September 21st 2016, the winner will be announced across the website www.c-r-l.com/venturousbuilds and across the Promoter’s social media and other digital communication channels.
In Promoter's sole discretion, the winner may be disqualified and alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entrants if the winner:
- (i) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information provided by the winner or winner notification is returned as undeliverable;
- (ii) declines or cannot accept for any reason;
- (iii) is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize; or
- (v) is unable to attend the video shoot
Promoter is not obligated to leave voicemail, answering machine, or other message.
5. Winner Prizes:
The Winner as defined in Section 4 will receive:
- £1,000 of interior design vouchers
- VenturousBuilds winner’s trophy
No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of any prize by any winner is permitted, except that the Promoter and/or Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). In the event the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a prize is different from the actual retail value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by any winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
9. General Conditions:
Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), release, defend and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (“Released Parties”), from any and all actions.
By entering this Contest, all entrants give permission (except where prohibited by law) to Sponsor and its licensees to use the winner’s names, Photos, Essays, hometown and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation.
If Sponsor at any time receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement of the Photo or violation of the rights of any Identifiable Person or Third Party Participant, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry.
Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. In the event of any technical issues that arise for any reason, or any dispute pertaining to the calculation of Votes, Sponsor reserves the right to, in good faith, to cancel the Contest or to determine the Winner based on criteria that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines is a fair resolution of the Contest, including without limitation, the number Votes accumulated before the technical issue and/or dispute arose, or the Judges determination based upon the Judging Criteria.
In no event will Sponsor be responsible for any technical difficulties or disputes that make an alternative determination of the Winner or the cancellation of the Contest necessary.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: lost, late, misdirected, illegible Entries and can terminate the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Contest), or to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to termination.
Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Promoter or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than England.
In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in London, England.
Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.