Essential Protection for you and your clients
CRL ARE HIGHLY RESPECTED AND COMPETITIVELY-PRICED CONTRACT WORKS INSURANCE SPECIALISTS.
A construction site can be a very risky place where many things can go wrong, such as, theft, flood, storms, etc. With any construction or civil works, there is a risk of loss or damage.
Our Contractors All Risks (CAR) insurance has been designed specifically for Contractors and Developers to cover and protect against the cost of this loss or damage and third-party injury claims.
Also known as Contract Works insurance, Contractors All Risks insurance is an optional cover that can be added to a builders or tradesman policy if you will be carrying out work on a contract site.
Reasons to get Contract Works Insurance from CRL:
AN A RATED LLOYDS INSURERCAR is brought to you by an A rated Lloyds insurer, so you can be comfortable that all risks are comprehensively covered, including outbuildings.
FAST QUOTE, FAST COVERYour time is precious, we will ask for minimal information and get you competitive quote back to you as fast as humanly possible.*
A QUALITY PORTFOLIO OF PRODUCTSCRL can also offer structural defects insurance, road bonds, developer insolvency and building control.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT, ASK OUR CLIENTS97% of our clients said they would recommend CRL to others, will you be next?
Contractors All Risks Insurance
Get a quote now
(Contract Works Insurance)
Types of Contractors All Risks Cover:
COVER ONE: CONTRACT WORKS
The permanent works undertaken in the performance of the contract and allocated to or incorporated in the works including:
- Temporary Works
- Free Issue Materials
COVER TWO: OWNED PLANT AND MACHINERY
This will cover Loss of or damage to:
- Contractors Plant and
- Temporary Buildings anywhere in the Territorial Limits or
- Employees Effects on the contract site occurring during the Period of Insurance
COVER THREE: HIRED IN PLANT AND BUILDINGS
This will provide cover for the Insured’s legal liability under the terms of their hiring agreement or otherwise to pay:
- Compensation for loss of or damage to Hired In Plant and Buildings anywhere in the Territorial Limits during the Period of Insurance
- Continuing hire charges as a result of loss of or damage to Hired In Plant and Buildings for which indemnity is provided by the above
Please note that we will only cover damage to property (owned, employees and hired-in). We do not provide Employer’s Liability (EL) or Public Liability (PL).
Frequently asked questions
- What periods of cover do you provide?
- Why should I switch provider?
- How difficult is it for me to switch?
- What are some of the essential pieces of data I need to collect?
- How do you calculate the risk?
- What cover do I need?
- When should you be notified of a claim? Is there a time limit?
- There is an injury on site, but the injury is minor, should I still report it?
What periods of cover do you provide?
Period of Cover:
- Project Policy – will provide cover for the duration of the Project plus Contractual Maintenance Period;
- Annual Policy – will provide cover for any Projects completed during a 12 Month Period
Why should I switch provider?
- We supply cover from an A-Rated Lloyds Insurer
- The policies cover temporary buildings
- We also offer structural defects insurance, road bonds, developer insolvency and building control
- 97% of clients would recommend us
How difficult is it for me to switch?
- Our quote process is simple, electronic and returned within 24 hours
What are some of the essential pieces of data I need to collect?
Single Project Policy
- Duly completed Proposal Form.
- Ground condition report (including recommendations on the type(s) of foundations required.
- Details of the main contractor (if Developer seeking cover) & contract.
- Structural Report commenting on the feasibility of the intended use of the project. (if applicable).
- Schedule of works/Gantt Chart
- No claims declaration (for projects whereby the construction works have already started).
- Duly completed Proposal Form.
- Claims History (if applicable)
How do you calculate the risk?
- Based on the highest contract value.
What cover do I need?
- There are two types of cover, project or annual, it depends on whether or not you shall be undertaking 1 or more projects.
When should you be notified of a claim? Is there a time limit?
- As soon as possible.
There is an injury on site, but the injury is minor, should I still report it?
- Yes, you should report all injuries.